Our rapidly growing legal technology company is urgently looking to hire a Chief Operating Officer. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of our company on the road to international scale.
Our company is Brussels based but operates throughout the world (over 80 countries) and is rapidly expanding. We need you to help guide the expansion by bringing operational excellence to our organisation.
We are looking for someone who knows how to:
- Lead an international team,
- Manage a business P&L
- Project and process manage.
Most of all, we need a do-er.
Klea brings a novel solution to market, managing corporate legal work for entities of large multinationals. That is hard work but we love it.
We currently work for groups like Levi Strauss, Carrier, Johnson Controls, Lotus Bakeries, Bpost and many more and that is extraordinary for a young company like ours.
Our team is divers and international, comprising no less than 8 different nationalities.
Our culture is summarized by the following core operating principles. We embrace these operating principles as we know that this is required to grow as an organisation and as individuals and deliver success to our clients.
- Be your word – We always follow trough with the commitments we make. Always.
- Embrace change – We are constantly on the move and change is part of our journey. Explore, search and help integrate the best-in-class for our clients.
- Be present – Today, it is all too easy to get distracted. We commit to be 100% present, in meetings, in conversations and respect when you need to focus. Maximize every interaction and be careful and mindful of each other’s time.
- Be coachable: We do not resist feedback, we actively seek it! We are never defensive, never take things personal. We find value in the perspective of others and are fully committed to the consensus of the team.
- Helping others: It is not about me. We help our clients, colleagues, and each other fully and selflessly and only involve ourselves in projects, activities and conversations that can truly add value to another individual.
Your role will mainly involve the identification, design and roll out of operational excellence together with our Client Success team, Development team and our international procurement team.
You will be allocated responsibility over part of our P&L.
Klea is a process driven company. As such affinity with process mapping and project management is key for a successful implementation of the role. Understanding that adoption of process requires solid people skills, is paramount.
The job will be based out of our offices in Brussels. Occasional international travel will be part of your role and teleworking can be considered based on the experience level/maturity level of the successful candidate.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Build and implement an operational strategy to drive success with
- Our Client Success team and
- Our current and future partnerships.
- Ensure a continued feedback loop is maintained between our clients, the Client Success team and the Development team.
- Managing part of the operational P&L.
- Define proper internal process and manage projects involving both our Belgian and Romanian teams.
- Manage our partnership programmes.
You will be the go-to person for all matters operational. Our company is growing fast and needs your help to implement solid process and operational excellence. You will support the head of our Client Success team in implementing and updating operational processes, feedback loops and connect the dots between the Client Success team and our Development team. This feedback loop is critical to the accelerated development of Klea.
You will be allocated P&L responsibility, whereby it will be your job to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce waste in cost and duplication in requests. Identifying best practices and ensuring this is engrained in our daily operations is key to our successful international expansion.
Throughout, you will work closely together with the management team (CEO, CTO and CSO), our know how manager, Client Success team and our own Centre of Excellence.
You preferably have the following skills/qualifications:
- Know your way around process and project management
- Solid operational implementation skills.
- Proven experience in managing teams and operational responsibility.
- You are not afraid of numbers and hard targets.
- You have an appetite to work in an environment where not everything is already defined, yet where you can help create the foundations for scalable operational excellence.
- You are a people person, you like working with other people
- Professional proficiency in at least English and Dutch or English and French. Knowledge of German, Spanish or Italian is a plus.You like exploring new technologies.
- An opportunity to help shape a fast-growing legal technology company
- A culture of open and direct communication
- An international working environment
- Continued development of skills (language, project management, technology)
- The opportunity to develop and manage your own team.
- An attractive annual salary package ranging from 55.000 EUR up to 75.000 EUR depending on the level of skills and experience.
- Depending on your location, the package may include benefits in kind such as a medical plan, lease bike plan, laptop, mobile subscription, transportation costs, meal tickets.
- A tailored bonus scheme based on clearly defined project success targets.